This bundle contains both the workbook and the DVD
This course looks at the concept of “boundaries” in 5 short lecture segments. After each lecture, you’ll be asked to do various activities to internalize and apply the concepts taught in each segment.
Boundaries include internally-motivated moral constraints, external rules, social expectations, laws, and any other internal or external demarcation that defines us as individuals.
This course includes:
- 5 video segments:
- Boundaries, Growing up, & Bill of Rights
- Internal & External Boundaries
- A Visual Model for Boundaries
- Safety & Intimacy
- Final Thoughts
- Total video run-time: approx. 20 minutes
- Written homework activities
This course is intended for anybody who:
- Feels guilty when advocating for themselves
- Has unresolved trouble in any relationship and does not know why or how to handle it
Part 1 includes:
- Why are boundaries important?
- How do we develop boundaries?
- Why do we need to maintain boundaries?
- What happens if boundaries are not created or maintained? (Monumental confusion results)
- You’ll also learn about your own boundaries in the form of rights as an individual
Part 2 is a discussion of internal and external boundaries, and how we can appropriately and wholly connect with other people by establishing and maintaining boundaries.
Part 3 explains how we differentiate ourselves from others & stay connected to them. This section includes definitions and discussions about healthy boundaries, intimacy, and why we need intimacy in our relationships.
Part 4 examines the ideas of safety & intimacy in greater detail, along with their natural opposite, “undefined boundaries.”
Part 5 discusses why boundaries are needed in relationships, and how good boundaries create closeness.