The term “unmanageability” can have two different meanings and these meanings move in two different directions. In one direction, unmanageability can refer to the Reality that we are not in control of our external environments; this is a principle of recovery. Or, in the other direction, it can refer to our unmanageability around externals (addiction), which we use to manipulate or alter our emotional states.
When you think about it, we really can’t control much. We can’t even control our own breath — it is a gift we enjoy. Therefore, unmanageability is a part of the human experience. We need to manage our unmanageability (our inability to control our externals), and not be frightened by that reality.
PREVIEW – Principles of Recovery DVD
Nothing here yet.
Great things coming soon.
- Addiction & Shame Bundle
- Addiction & Shame DVD
- Addiction & Shame Workbook
- Control vs Surrender Bundle
- Control vs Surrender DVD
- Control vs Surrender Workbook
- Principles of Recovery DVD
- Safety & Recovery DVD Bundle
- Safety, Trust & Empowerment + Principles of Recovery Bundle
- Safety, Trust & Empowerment DVD
- Safety, Trust, Empowerment & Recovery Workbook